Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Walk

And was this just a sign that turned my face to hunt you out, my friend?

Cutting across the bridge over that never-ending stream of traffic; the incandescent, restless roar deafening my ears.



















For one precious, fleeting moment, I glimpsed your reflection. I'm sure you looked too, deep into the mirror. A crumbling artifice, brick-built and decaying.




























These were intimations of mortality on my way to greet you ...























A hidden glance through the fog-bound reaches of a naked tree - just hanging there.



















And then you were in my sights! A call to drink deep.





















How long have I waited to find you? Your boundless, seeded energy seeping out from each pierced portal. The green springs of hope.




















I stood silent for a second, admiring your beauty before me. And then I called ... did you hear me?




























Just waiting for you to knock. Ready to open my door, to let you in.

2 comments:

samsarajade said...

What struck me in this little storyboard was the Schindlers list style flash of red in the coat followed by the red in the coke can.
Love the way you pick things out in pictures.

electrofried (mr) said...

Dear Tia,

much of life is but accident. Or is it?

best regards

electrofried (mr)